Our Office has always had a special place in our heart for felt and we've noticed the universal appreciation has grown immensely too. It was apparent at Neocon this month that every manufacturer has officially embraced the Felt movement; each offering their own rendition of felt products. It's remarkable just how many design possibilities this simple textile can offer. Felt has undoubtedly become a designers dream, and for good reason.
Felt (noun) a kind of cloth made by rolling and pressing wool or another suitable textile accompanied by the application of moisture or heat, which causes the constituent fibers to mat together to create a smooth surface.
- Felt is quite possibly the oldest fabric known to man
- Felt was discovered by St. Clement of Rome by accident
- Felt is comprised of synthetic material with wool, just wool alone or synthetic material alone
- Felt is non-woven, so it is incredibly easy to create and manipulate
- Felt is water resistant
- Felt can literally be planned anyway your creative heart desires…seriously
Neocon 2014 Knoll FilzFelt
Bolyu Svelte Flooring